Friday

Foodie Friday: I missed national Taco Day!!

As you may or may not know, Nation Taco Day was on Tuesday. (Oct. 4th)  There was not a taco in sight at my house, shame on me! To make up for it I'm making Taco Soup tonight, it's super super easy and super super wonderful. This recipe is very versatile, you can put pretty much anything in it and I cook mine in a crock pot.

Daddy's Taco Soup
Not winning any beauty contests but it's damn delicious!
Ingredients:
1lb ground turkey or beef -or whatever you like
2 cans of diced tomatoes - you can use 3 if you like tomatoes.
2 cans of beans, don't drain -  I use pinto beans and black beans but my MIL uses kidney and navy beans. It's totally up to you and your tastes. 
1 can of corn or hominy, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 can of green chilies - or a few hatch peppers or some jalepenos this depends on how spicy your tastes are.
1 cup of beef broth 
1 packet of Taco seasoning 
1 packet of Ranch Dressing mix
Salt and Pepper to taste 


On high heat, cook onions and meat. While that's cooking, add all the other ingredients EXCEPT the taco and ranch seasoning packets to your pot or crockpot and set on HIGH. Right before your meat/onions are done, add in the Taco and Ranch packets and mix well. Spoon meat/onion mixture into your crockpot/pot and stir. Cook for at least an hour, on High in a crockpot or Medium over the stove.  You may serve your soup with lime, shredded cheese, and tortillas like I do. I <3 this stuff, after I make it I'll even eat it for breakfast!





No comments:

Post a Comment