Saturday

Centipede Frustration!!!

If you can identify this, please let me know!


Papa Spook caught this for me under a log out in our bayou. I like to somewhat identify the bugs I sell, but I have no idea what this little bugger is. It's a red centipede. There are over 8,000 species of centipede, only 3,000 of which are described, and all I've got to go on is that it's red.
Go me.
 I feel as if Grandmother Spook would give me a very hard time for selling this ring- she's terrified of centipedes and millipedes. You can't win them all, I guess- sorry grandmaw. I think he's cute, in a deceptively fast, aggressive, toxic and prehistoric kind of way.
I've got another one still alive if anyone is interested in a custom piece.

I also have an unidentified spider, and apologize for the crappy picture:
What the EFF is this thing!? About the size of a penny, He's lightning-fast and can climb up the sides of the glass jar. Tan-brown legs with a black body, distinctive tanish-white markings on abdomen. He's still alive, and most often curls up as shown in the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment